Process to Reduce Energy Cost
Concept-Through-Completion Energy Efficiency Projects:
- The Alliance is a Concept-through-Completion service for building owners to identify and implement the opportunities to upgrade the energy efficiency of their buildings.
- No-cost facility audits are arranged by the Alliance for Energy Efficiency (AEE) to determine LED opportunities.
- Test LEDs are provided for building management to assure compatibility, approve lighting quality, color, light levels and overall suitability for the application.
- LEDs are specified to qualify for maximum rebates and to meet building requirements.
- An Opportunity Report is prepared of the existing lighting, proposed lighting, energy savings, project cost, rebates, and net cost to the company, if any.
- Upon approval by building management, LEDs are supplied for installation.
- LEDs are installed by building staff, contractor selected by the building management or by contractor arranged by AEE.
- AEE handles submissions to utilities for buildings to qualify for rebates.
- AEE coordinates utility inspections to verify the completed installation.
- Depending on the utility, AEE can arrange for projects to be completed with no cash outlay.
The Economic Opportunity for Building Owners
In most cases, these projects can be completed at no cost, or at such low cost to recover the investment from energy savings within 3 to 12 months. Buildings then benefit from up to 80% reduced energy cost thereafter, while reducing maintenance costs and demand on staff due to the long, rated-life of the new equipment.
Projects across the country were completed for thousands of buildings, including portfolios of Cushman & Wakefield, CB Richard Ellis, and such landmark properties as Chicago John Hancock Center, Trump Tower, City of Los Angeles, Boston School District, Hilton, Hyatt, Sheraton, and other hotels, and Brandeis University.
Full Range of Energy Efficiency Technologies:
The Alliance for Energy Efficiency provides a full range of energy technologies, including but not limited to LED lighting, HVAC, Controls, Variable Frequency Drives, Window Film, Demand Control Ventilation, Energy Management Systems, motors, retro-commissioning, solar and Power Factor Correction.